Wednesday 21 April 2010

Vogue Mood Board


'It is these gentle wolves who are the most dangerous ones of all.'



I saw this photography in the April 1o UK edition of Vogue and I instantly related it to my project. The attention to detail for the set up is amazing-the make up and the fashion. The light and the skin tone is quite ghostly but it is offset by the vividly deep colour from the clothing. However there is a contrast to this vivid colour, with the use of delicate colours and fabrics. The composition of the outfits are so thought out.


I found these images inspiring for a number of reasons. And besides the beautiful photography and overall look, it is the clothing. The fabric used - silk/cotton/velvet, why was this particular fabric chosen for a specific piece, and what effect does it give? Is it romantic and loose and sheer, or is it tight, stretched and harsh? And how does this contribute to the mood? It is all these things which have gotten my mind going, thinking about the possibilities, and the importance of colour, material and mood given.


I wrote 'it is these gentle wolves who are the most dangerous ones of all' as I feel she needs to be warned so as to not make herself a victim, as in Little Red Riding Hood.


I love the ruffles, folds, embellishments and the depth. This can be seen in the beautiful design of the garments, as well as the set up of the set. I shall now be influenced by this photo shoot to make something.

No comments:

Post a Comment