Tuesday 15 June 2010

Artist Inspiration For Final Piece

The artist who has inspired me for my final piece is Ian Francis. Ian Francis is a contemporary illustrator who I find so inspiring. This painting is my favourite of his. His large scale mixed media paintings are dramatic, expressive and also surreal.

Blurred/In Focus
Realistic/Dreamlike
Pretty/Grungy
Passionate/Distressing

There are lots of contrasts within his work, one being the application of paint - drips/thick, colour - pretty and light/dark and grungy, and also the imagery - the people kissing - it is very passionate from the side of the girl, however at the same time it is disturbing as the person she is kissing is a mystery.

This painting is an excellent example of light and dark/life and death and so I think I will be inspired by his painting style to make my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment