Thursday 17 June 2010

Major Influences Re-Visited

To start with I shall include a reminder of any sources of inspiration which have lead to my final pieces or promotional pieces.

My Photography

My model with my lungs which I made from wire inspired by Snow White and Florence and The Machine. This photograph was the photograph I used for my first Final Piece.


My Carnations which formed the basis of my skull and flower illustration - used ALOT


Influential Print
This Alexander McQueen scarf was an influence from the start also. I strived to create something as beautiful as this, where the shapes merge into each other, I feel my second piece really reflects this influence, and could easily be a fabric print itself.


The Influential Early Juxtaposition Inspiration
Juxtaposing these antlers onto some headwear has proved to be significant in inspiring me for the first of my final pieces, as well as the idea of juxtaposing animals with humans amongst other ways.


The Influential Artist
Ian Francis was the influence behind the style in which I aimed to paint my final pieces. I love the paint effect and the intensity.


The Original Idea
Fairy Tales

The Influential Story
Snow White

The Influence Within A Fairy Tale/Snow White
They all have hidden meanings between the lines which unbeknown to the reader are very dark and adult. The main symbols were associated with the body (vanity/beauty/body parts/organs) and nature.

The Influential Art Movement
Surrealism

The Influential Non Art Related Research
Unconscious Mind - Freud's Theories - The Unconscious mind is a dark place.

These are all the ingredients for making my final pieces in a nut shell.

No comments:

Post a Comment