Friday 4 June 2010

Mono Printing

I thought due to the effect of mono printing - edgy, gritty, grungy, experimental, it would possibly look quite good with my project theme and imagery.

This is the glass I used after I had drawn my design.

This one came out relatively well, I like the small amount of texture. It was difficult to know how thin to have the paint, and how much pressure to add.


Here is a quick experiment drawing a heart. I probably won't use it any further, but it was good practise, and it was good to see the heart in yet another way.


Here is the deer, unfortunately it doesn't look quite right as it was really awkward drawing it without my arm resting on the paper


This is the piece which came out the best. I shall use it again in another way. I shall firstly have a go at experimenting with it by adding other media onto the photocopy. (I use it in the end as a layer for one of my self promotional posters.)


Illustration over Photocopy

Mixed Media Edit

Watercolour Edit


These edits weren't too successful, but thats fine as they were only small experiments.

No comments:

Post a Comment