Wednesday 9 June 2010

Beginnings of Final Piece

I need to now start thinking about what I could possibly create for my ultimate piece to round up this project 'Darkness in Disguise'.

I have covered many mediums and themes for this project, so I need to narrow down to what I actually want to have my project perceived by.

Piece Theme
Figurative/Body Part
Nature - Animals/Forest/Florals

Medium
Painting
Drawing
Mixed Media
Photoshop
3D Piece
Installation
Collection

Initial Ideas

To start with, I need to either have a piece which I have already done that I might want to develop into a proper finished outcome, or I find an inspiring artist to influence a style, and then use their style to create a piece inspired from elements which I have already covered.

Pieces

My Alexander McQueen inspired skull and floral mix illustration
- Create a final developed version.
- Create using layers of screen prints (mix photographic with stencil)
- Create using layers of mixed media and photoshop
- Create just using paint

Create a series in the way I made my deer heart, apply with other mixes of imagery too.
- mix screen print and sewing (see deer heart on green paper with pink details and outline with sewing machine).

Possible Artists

Langdon Graves
Ian Francis
Caroline Morin

Ideas Realised...

Idea 1
This one is going to be figurative as I have done a lot of experiments involving portraits or figures. I liked the idea of juxtaposing my figure with either antlers on her head, or adding subtle heart or lungs over the top of the body. I would do this in the style of Ian Francis, so it would mean a large scale painting.

Colours: Deep, dark, shadowy, with lighter areas.

Idea 2
This was to develop my deer heart idea on further. To turn it into a large scale quite loose painting with the paint dripping into each other, but at the same time have area's which aren't so loose so there are contrasts between the intensity. I want the antlers to be the tree branches version rather than a typical antler.

Colours: Be inspired from the screen print. Greens, maroons, reds, pinks.

Idea 3
This idea was to take the floral layer from my McQueen illustration, made from the photo I took of some carnations. I want to make them really deep and dramatic. Again, I want to paint them, and preferably influenced by Ian Francis.

Maybe I can try and do one or two of these. It would be really nice if I could have more than one piece to display, although obviously the main this is quality not quantity.

No comments:

Post a Comment