Friday 4 June 2010

High Tec and Low Tec Collage


I took some photo's of my model, and then once imported to photoshop, I traced over her outlines in a new layer. I then removed the photo and I was left with simple detailing of a body. I did this to three photos, and I then overlapped the line drawings together. For the dresses, I took patterns from previous designs.

I then printed this page. I then added collage on top to create a surreal kind of headwear.

To flatten out the colours and layers, I photocopied it, I think that it looks better now it's in grey scale.

First Edit


I then re traced over one of the girls, and created a new piece inspired by Deanne Cheuk. I added a light watercolour wash around the edge of her head dress, which I left as a simple line drawing. I then used a sewing machine with a low stitch setting to create the dress part.

Second Edit


I'm not so happy with this one, I think I over did it. I used charcoal, watercolour and I sewed on a skull and floral pattern. I like the sewing element though, and the birds in the hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment