Thursday 3 June 2010

McQueen Inspired Skull and Flower Illustration

This series of experiments have been particularly important from the moment I created them, they will appear as layers throughout my future pieces of work.

Layers of tracing paper, then photocopied to flatten, creating interesting opacities and mixing of shapes.

Beneath are variations on how I folded the tracing paper, and then photocopied. Different variations created really interesting looks.




I then took the photocopies and had a go at adding to them in a few different ways.

Water Colours


Photoshop Edit
I love this one, the colours are so rich and I think the design looks so sophisticated. This is exactly how I wanted my Alexander McQueen inspired piece to turn out like.



The floral Layer

This is a layer from my tracing paper, however I developed it further, adding another tracing paper layer of tone, so when placed together it looks like this...
I would love to turn these two layers into a screen print.


Mixed Media

I used acrylics beads and ink to create this, I really like how this turned out, though it looks better in real life as the layers aren't squished into a photo.


Water Colour and Pen.

I dont think this one is so successful, but I thought I would include it anyway, to show the contrast between the success of the variation above, compared.

No comments:

Post a Comment