Wednesday 16 June 2010

Final Exhibit Pieces

I put these together as a visual guide to see what they will look like placed together.


I really do think they compliment each other so well, they each have the same tones (after a lot of adjustments), they each are the same balance of light and dark, and they each have that 'look' which was created with a lot of experimentation, layering of hand drawn illustration, and the crucial bottom layer of photography. The photography is so subtle, yet is what gives the pieces their depth. I feel if I were to change anything, I would swap to opposite sides.

I think that these two pieces are completely balanced when it comes to my project theme, there is a definite fine line when you look at them, as to whether they are of a positive or negative, however being juxtaposed with pinks and florals, it's hard to tell. I like how the subtle illustration is continued into its own piece. The floral piece would be associated as a positive, yet with the deep shadows, its not that convincing. They have turned out to be better than I imagined, dark, beautiful, contrasting and full of depth.

What I Could Have Done Differently

I could have worked directly onto a photocopy of my floral painting so that the painting would then match up with the photograph.

I could have made the colours totally different - much more vivid.

I could have incorporated some typography.

No comments:

Post a Comment